Mini Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Jameson Irish Whiskey Frosting
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day today, I decided to bake up some mini cupcakes made with Guinness coupled with some Bailey’s Irish Cream frosting. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I didn’t have any Bailey’s at the house so I improvised. Luckily, I did have Jameson, and it is an Irish whiskey — so I added that instead and I think it turned out pretty tasty.
The cupcakes itself aren’t overly sweet, which I love, and the frosting on the top adds a bit of kick that you’d come to see from something that has a delicious whiskey to it. I’m not much of a baker since I’m not into measurements much, but I managed to pull this off. This may give me more confidence to do more baking.
Maybe beer bread next? What type of beer works best in beer bread? Leave a comment below with your suggestions.
(Full Photoset: Mini Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Jameson Irish Whiskey Frosting)
Recipe Ingredients (Cupcakes - 48 minis):
- 1 cup of Guinness Draught
- 1 stick and 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Mini cupcake cups
Recipe Ingredients (Frosting):
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut 1 stick and 1 tablespoons of butter into 1 inch cubes.
- Over medium heat, combine both the Guinness and the cubed butter until melted and combined.
- Once combined, take off the heat and add the sugars and unsweetened cocoa until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Over the new mixture, add the flour and baking soda through a sifter. Fold together until it’s combined.
- Pour the cupcake mixture in the mini cupcake cups.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Remove from the over and let cool for 15 minutes.
- For the frosting, blend the rest of the room temperate butter until creamed.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar while blending the butter.
- After combined, add the whiskey and vanilla extract. Blend until the liquid is mixed in.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes and enjoy!
(Inspired by Big City, Little Kitchen - Beer Cupcakes!)
If you have any suggestions for a tasty recipe involving beer — please email me, I’d love to cook it up and share it with the community.